Physician assistant schools in California requires that applicants finished a master’s degree program. Depending on what school you choose to get the program from, California PA programs mandates that students have one thousand (1,000) to three thousand (3,000) clinical hours of experience. The training given is a combination of lectures, clinical and lab experience. Also, applicants need to have finished a baccalaureate degree in a medically-related field in addition to their master’s degree.
California PA Program Details
The physician assistant program is a full-time professional degree; students are advised to refrain from having outside employment while they are enrolled full time in the course. Since the program involves plenty of man-hours for clinical skills and supervised clinical practice, students must concentrate on their studies in order to be efficient with the rigid demands of the program.
Basic Requirements for California PA Programs
- The master’s degree program which is a pre-requisite of the physician assistant course must be made up of major subjects and electives.
- The master’s degree program must have a thesis requirement.
- The physician assistant program should be completed in 27 months; hence students must enroll full-time taking 12 units per quarter.
- A 3.0 GPA in a bachelor’s degree
List of Physician Assistant Schools in California
- Charles R Drew University of Medicine4 and Science
- Western University of Health Sciences
- Foothill College
- Loma Linda University
- Riverside Community College
- Samuel Merritt University
- San Joaquin Valley College – Visalia
- University of Southern California
- Touro University
- Moreno Valley College
Physician assistants work under the supervision of a doctor and works in collaboration with other healthcare professionals in a medical facility or institution. Although the work is considered an overall exciting career, the path to gaining a fruitful experience is based on the knowledge and skill students acquire while taking the program from physician assistant schools in California.
Hence, students must choose the best California PA programs meticulously to achieve a gainful learning experience that can lead to a rewarding career, though it would necessitate endurance and hard work.
We’ve also prepared additional information on pa degree programs and physician assistant programs in pa for you to review.