Numerous Florida universities and colleges are offering programs that will prepare students in taking national certification examination as well as state licensure for physician assistant. To know about physician assistant programs in Florida, here are the lists.
Pa Programs in Florida
- University of Florida: The school is offering full time and 2-part program in physician assistant. The first part is about didactic classroom phase wherein students should complete laboratory as well as clinical experience. The second part is a one-year clinical rotation.
- Nova Southeastern University: They are offering PA program in the university. The PA program in Fort Lauderdale has fifteen faculty members and over 1,200 graduates The Jacksonville campus is offering new program but have a maximum enrollment of about 45 up to 60 students only.
- Barry University: It is situated in Miami shores and they are offering technology rich physician assistant program. When it comes to curriculum, they are incorporating elective rotation and supplemental rotation. Students should complete 6 week rotations in the areas of women’s health, family medicine, medical pathology and others
- Tampa South University: They are offering PA in Master of Science and it is a 27-month program, which include incorporating therapeutic, primary care, maintenance service, preventative service with problem solving and case studies activities.
- Kaiser University: The University is offering one-year physician assistant program and boasts about ninety percent rate for graduation. The good thing is that they have one hundred percent for job placement.
- Miami Dade College: The program can be completed in two years with 88 credit hours that is located in the medical campus. The courses cover clinical medicine, basic sciences, laboratory program, lecture and physical examination techniques.
- Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine: They are offering Master of Science in physician assistant studies wherein it requires GRE, CASPA and other supplemental application requirements.
Discover the most promising physician assistant programs in Canada!
Here are only some of the Florida physician assistant programs. Choose now and start to know the best school for you. You can also check out physician assistant programs in South Florida if you want.